The Toronto Rock may be 6-time National Lacrosse League champions, but it wasn’t a new title that made headlines in May 2021.
Instead, they surprised the GTA by announcing they would leave one of the busiest arenas in North America, Scotiabank Arena (formally the ACC), to move to the Hammer.
While the decision to relocate the team outside of the downtown core raised eyebrows, it was based on a few key factors.
At the time the decision went public, Jamie Dawick, team owner, president and GM was quoted saying, “There is a strong business case behind the relocation to Hamilton, including a significant reduction to in-game operations costs as well as the opportunities that exist to better connect with our fan base and most importantly grow that fan base and increase revenues.”
While rising costs certainly played a role, more importantly, it came down to the simple fact that the Rock was 4th in line for home game dates.
By moving to Hamilton’s FirstOntario Centre, the Rock now has
- A better selection of home game dates. With all home games taking place in the coveted Saturday night timeslot.
- A smaller stadium to fill. Creating the energy and atmosphere that’s known to lacrosse.
- A dedicated space for their new fan store.
And that 3rd point is especially important. Because before CBSF helped the Rock build out their new fan store at FirstOntario Centre, the Rock’s staff had to turnover borrowed space for each game.
That’s right, before each game the Rock staff had to load in, merchandise, and then strike and turnover their temporary store each and every game.
But now with the help of CBSF, they not only have a dedicated space for all their merch, but they also have a stunning store that truly represents the brand, showcases the apparel, and helps better connect with fans.
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER PROJECT CASE STUDIES
- How We Got A Farm Boy Ready To Build 13 Stores In 12 Months
- How Cbsf Helped Healthy Planet Make Their Stunning Vision A Reality
- How Modern Wood Fixtures Transformed A Vintage Location Into A Luxe Supermarket
- How Modular Thinking Set A New Standard For An Indie Cannabis Retailer
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH YOUR NEXT PROJECT?
Contact our retail design and fixture manufacturing team and we’ll talk about how we can help.